Eurovision costume idea: PingPong (Israel, 2000)
Israel’s hosting of Eurovision in 2019 was always going to be a contentious issue, and one we’re not keen to go into. One thing we can all agree on, though, is that Israel’s entries over the years have been PHENOMENAL.
One of our favourite Greatest Hits is PingPong’s song ‘Sameyakh’ from 2000. Rumour has it, they entered the Eurovision Song Contest as a joke (gasp! How could anyone ever treat Eurovision as a JOKE) and their song was subsequently disendorsed by the Israeli Broadcasting Authority due to certain political statements made by the group (again, gasp! How could anyone ever use Eurovision for such means).
We have such deep love for this song. It’s only fitting that our costume suggestion for 2019 is… PingPong!
1. Love Heart Repeat Shirt / www.boohoo.com /
2. All Over Heart Print PJ Set / www.boohoo.com /
3. ASOS DESIGN slinky mini skirt with drawcord front / www.asos.com /
4. Red superstretch zip through mini skirt / www.missguided.co.uk / £22.00
5. Paper Dolls Petite lace a-line dress in powder blue / www.asos.com / £68.00
6. Apricot Print Sleeveless Tunic Dress / www.simplybe.co.uk / £32.00
7. COLLUSION Tall 90’s floral cami dress / www.asos.com / £20.00
1. ASOS DESIGN relaxed fatigue trousers in white / www.asos.com /
2. ASOS DESIGN fluro denim jacket in green / www.asos.com / £35.00
3. ASOS DESIGN navigator sunglasses / www.asos.com / £12.00
4. Short Sleeve Shirt With Revere Collar / www.boohoo.com /
5. Indigo Wash Slim Fit Biker Jeans / www.boohoo.com /
6. River Island muscle fit poplin shirt / www.asos.com /
Carry a cucumber. Any time you want to sing during the evening, you must sing into your cucumber. No exceptions.